Sunday Services return in a new format
Special AnnouncementChurch re-opening
Posted by Liberty Church, Rotherham on Thursday, 25 June 2020
In order to assist us in implementing current social distancing rules and regulations we are spreading our congregation across our 3 locations (6 services in total). We would like to encourage you to register via >EVENTBRITE< to attend just one congregational service on a Sunday if you are able to and preferably the service set aside for your postcode.
In case the need for Track & Trace arises, please provide us with your preferred contact details upon registration. In addition, please indicate on your registration if it’s a family booking requiring multiple seats together.
Please note: Certain groups of people are at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, including people who are:
- aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (that is, anyone instructed to get a flu jab each year on medical grounds)
- chronic (long-term) mild to moderate respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a weakened immune system as the result of certain conditions, treatments like chemotherapy, or medicines such as steroid tablets
- being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
- pregnant women
We ask that these people in particular take care to follow government guidance and for further details please visit: www.gov.uk/covid19
Six temporary congregations covering Rotherham postcodes
- Liberty South (Thurcroft) AM – Postcodes S1 to S21 – Lead by Kingsley Paul
- Liberty Thurcroft PM – Postcodes S25 and S26; S66; S80 and S81 – Lead by Emmanuel Dexter
- Liberty Rotherham AM – Postcodes S35 and S36; S60 and S61 – Lead by Adrian Dexter / Emmanuel Dexter
- Liberty East (Rotherham) PM – Postcodes S62 and S65 – Lead by Rose Flora
- Liberty Swinton AM – Postcodes S63 and S64 – Lead by Pete Crooks
- Liberty North (Swinton) PM – Postcodes S70 to S75 and all DN postcodes – Lead by Adrian Dexter
Please click map below to zoom in for further details.
LIVE BROADCASTS will continue
We will continue to broadcast Sunday services from Liberty Swinton and Liberty Rotherham, and Liberty Thurcroft via Facebook Live >
In addition to the Sunday services special live weekday morning devotions will continue at 10.00am via Facebook Live, and we will continue to run prayer gatherings on Friday evenings via Facebook Live >
Although the church office will remain closed, we will continue to check the phone regularly, so if you are concerned or worried, then please contact the church on 01709 562076 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for members of the Church leadership or the Pastoral care team to contact you, to talk and to pray with you over the phone.
We are also concerned about your emotional well-being, and we recognise the challenges of having to isolate or withdraw from regular contact with Church, family and friends, and therefore we will encourage regular contact with each other, via phone or the Internet.
In addition to this, if you need any practical support in terms of food or household essentials, please let us know and we will do our best to resource them and deliver them for you.
Each service will last 1 hour.
- 25 minutes Worship Performance for reflection. (singing is not yet prohibited by the congregation)
- 10 minutes Children’s talk presentation or testimony
- 25 minutes Sermon.
Please note that only a single worship leader is allowed to sing at present, from behind a screen.
Places are limited & must be booked in advance…
We recognise that we are here to serve the needs not just of the Church, but also serve the needs of the community. In the ensuing weeks and months we recognise that many individuals and families will struggle in terms of resourcing food and basic essentials for their homes.
We are intending to keep our FoodBank and BabyBanks open and operational for as long as possible, whilst ensuring the safety of our volunteers. We are also seeking to work in partnership with other churches to provide a strong, robust, public service, that will meet the ongoing needs of our community.
What is God saying?
For many years we have been praying for a revival in the Church and an awakening in our Nation. The western world especially, has increasingly viewed itself as being self-sufficient, and has no need of God. We believe that though this virus is not from the Lord, we believe that God is able to turn the bad into good. God is beginning to shake the nations of the world, to soften peoples hearts and make them aware of their spiritual need of God.
We are believing for a great revival to take place in our Nation and the nations of the world as this crisis unfolds and people begin to turn again to Jesus.
We are closely monitoring updates from Public Health England in relation to our services and events, and will update you the moment things begin to change.
We are praying for you all and we love you all dearly. If you feel unwell and develop a fever or persistent new cough, please visit: www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19
With much Love, Adrian, on behalf of the Church Council.
Related link: Mental Health Resources >